Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Alethes - Aletheia



Glass Throat, 2006

I had heard this album a year back and couldn't get into, probably because of what seemed at the time like unapproachable mopey lyrics, turns out that's a small stumbling block because as this album progresses it gets much better than I remember, with great string accompaniment, songs bookended by quality dark ambience, and everything driven along the fogged and drenched Cascadian forest hills by Markus Wolff's (Waldteufel) peak percussion. An excellent album of dark pagan folk from the consistently great Glass Throat Recordings.

DOWNLOAD

2 comments:

Krumbled Kookie said...

Yeah, I'm really happy to see this here. I love this album.

Turin Horse said...

Damn, Harold, you are everywhere I go! Anyway, thanks for putting this up.